selected scholarly activity
- Rising Economies in the International Patent Regime: From Rule-breakers to Rule-changers and Rule-makers. New Political Economy. 23:255-273. 2018
- Emergence and Empire: Innis, Complexity, and the Trajectory of History by John BonnettJohn Bonnett. Emergence and Empire: Innis, Complexity, and the Trajectory of History. McGill-Queen's University Press. ix, 294. $34.95. University of Toronto Quarterly. 85:466-468. 2016
- Historical Institutionalism in Communication Studies. Communication Theory. 25:1-22. 2015
- Dominion and Agency: Copyright and the Structuring of the Canadian Book Trade 1867-1918. Canadian Literature. 177-178. 2013
- Fan fiction and copyright: Outsider works and intellectual property protection. New Media and Society. 15:803-805. 2013
- Crowdfunding Culture. Journal of Mobile Media. 7. 2013
- WIPO and the ACTA threat. International Journal of Technology Policy and Law. 1:3-3. 2012
- Foresight into the Future of WIPO's Development Agenda. The WIPO Journal: Analysis of Intellectual Property Issues. 2010, 1:211-231. 2010
- Book Review: Intellectual Property: The Law in Canada. Canadian Journal of Communication. 32:145-146. 2007
- Canadian Copyright Reform: Consulting With Copyright's Changing Public. Intellectual Property Journal. 19:271-296. 2006
- Canadian Copyright: History, Change, and Potential. Canadian Journal of Communication. 36.
- In the Public Interest: The Future of Canadian Copyright Law. Canadian Journal of Communication. 31.
- Same-Sex Marriage, Social Cohesion, and Canadian Values: A Media Analysis. Canadian Journal of Communication. 36.
- Access to Knowledge. 32-52. 2016
- Copyright: Characteristics of Canadian Reform. 17-44. 2013
- Access to Knowledge as a New Paradigm for Research on ICTs and Intellectual Property. 75-90. 2013
- “We are all Developing Countries”: Canada and International Copyright History: Fault Lines in the Map of International Copyright. 79-96. 2011
- The WIPO Development Agenda Forum and Its Prospects for Taking into Account Different Levels of Development. 24-33. 2009
- The Development Agenda at WIPO: Where is Canada?. 190-208. 2007
- Copyright and the Global Good? An Examination of ’The Public Interest’ in International Copyright Regimes. 58-78. 2006
- "WE ARE ALL DEVELOPING COUNTRIES": CANADA AND INTERNATIONAL COPYRIGHT HISTORY: FAULT LINES IN THE MAP OF INTERNATIONAL COPYRIGHT. COPYRIGHT FUTURE COPYRIGHT FREEDOM: MARKING THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE COMMENCEMENT OF AUSTRALIA'S COPYRIGHT ACT 1968. 79-96. 2011