selected scholarly activity
- Locative-Media Ethics: A Call for Protocols to Guide Interactions of People, Place, and Technologies. Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly. 107769901989877-107769901989877. 2020
- Post-hitchBOT-ism: An Interview with David Harris Smith and Frauke Zeller. Wi: Journal of Mobile Media. 10. 2016
- Out of Site and Out of Mind: Speculative Historiographies of Techno-Trash. NANO: New American Notes Online. 7:(no-pagination). 2015
- The Street is in Play: A Reading of Banksy's Better Out Than In. Media Fields Journal. 2014
- A location of one’s own: A genealogy of locative media. Convergence. 18:249-266. 2012
- Cultural Studies and Political Economy: Toward a New Integration. Canadian Journal of Communication. 36. 2012
- Feminist Interventions in International Communication: Minding the Gap. Canadian Journal of Communication. 35. 2010
- Media Arts Revisited (MARs). Canadian Journal of Communication. 37.
- Practice Makes Almost Perfect: A Methodological Reflection. Canadian Journal of Communication. 37.
- Scholarship as Cultural Production in the Neoliberal University: Working Within and Against ‘Deliverables’. Studies in Social Justice. 9:176-196.
- Towards A Queer Futurity of Data. Journal of Cultural Analytics.
- Digitizing labor in the Google Books Project: gloved ngertips and severed hands 2019
- Teaching Students How (not) To Lie, Manipulate, and Mislead, with Information Visualization 2017
- Queered by the Archive: No More Potlucks and the Activist Potential of Archival Theory 2015
- Chapter 3: Suture and Scars: Evidencing the Struggles of Academic Feminism, 2015
- A Monopoly of Knowledge: On the Dissolution of the Libraries of Fisheries and Oceans. 2015
- Chapter 5: Locative Praxis: Transborder Poetics and Activist Potential of Experimental Locative Media. 2014
- Voices from Beyond: Ephemeral Histories, Locative Media and the Volatile Interface 2008
- Provocations for Social Media Research: Toward Good Data Ethics