selected scholarly activity
- Unsettling Knowledge Synthesis Methods Using Institutional Ethnography: Reflections on the Scoping Review as a Critical Knowledge Synthesis Tool. Qualitative Health Research. 30:2361-2373. 2020
- Communicating with library patrons and people with dementia: Tracing an ethic of care in professional communication guidelines. Dementia. 19:899-914. 2020
- ‘Add info and stir’: an institutional ethnographic scoping review of family care-givers’ information work. Ageing and Society. 40:663-689. 2020
- Exploring interface design to support caregivers’ needs and feelings of trust in online content. Journal of Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies Engineering. 7:205566832096848-205566832096848. 2020
- Considering the local and the translocal. Aslib Journal of Information Management. 71:703-719. 2019
- Conceptualizing information work for health contexts in Library and Information Science. Journal of Documentation. 76:96-108. 2019
- A logic of choice: Problematizing the documentary reality of Canadian aging in place policies. Journal of Aging Studies. 48:40-49. 2019
- Noticing the unnoticed: Lines of work in everyday life information practices. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology. 56:386-389. 2019
- Reading as a lifeline among aging readers: Findings from a qualitative interview study with older adults. Library and Information Science Research. 40:165-172. 2018
- Information world mapping to explicate the information‐care relationship in dementia care. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology. 54:647-649. 2017
- Questioning reliability assessments of health information on social media. Journal of the Medical Library Association : JMLA Bulletin of the Medical Library Association. 105:61-68. 2017
- Health Literacy Promotion: Contemporary Conceptualizations and Current Implementations in Canadian Health Librarianship. Journal of the Canadian Health Libraries Association. 34:12-12.
- Mind the Gap: Towards the Integration of Critical Gerontology in Public Library Praxis. Journal of Critical Library and Information Studies. 1.
- Using Academic Work Places to Involve Older People in the Design of Digital Applications. Presentation of a Methodological Framework to Advance Co-design in Later Life. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 45-58. 2020
- Writing and reading the results: the reporting of research rigour tactics in information behaviour research as evident in the published proceedings of the biennial ISIC conferences, 1996-2014. Information Research. 2016