Bronchopulmonary dysplasia. A radiologic-pathologic correlation. - PubMed - NCBI
- Additional Document Info
- View All
In 26 deaths from the neonatal unit with a histologic diagnosis of bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD), the histologic stage was compared to the radiologic stage according to the criteria described by Northway and Rosan. In 18 patients (69%), the histologic stage corresponded exactly to the radiologic stage. In the remaining eight patients (31%), there was a difference of one stage. If the 14 cases of Stages I and II were taken together there would be a discrepancy of one stage between the histologic and radiologic stages in 50%. However, with Stages III and IV the discrepancy was only 8.3%. There appears to be better correlation as the severity of BPD increases.
has subject area