selected scholarly activity
- Economic policy uncertainty and bank earnings opacity. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy. 38:199-218. 2019
- Banks’ loan growth, loan quality, and social capital. Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance. 21:83-102. 2019
- Banks' funding structure and earnings quality. International Review of Financial Analysis. 59:163-178. 2018
- Discretion in bank loan loss allowance, risk taking and earnings management. Accounting and Finance. 58:171-193. 2018
- Social capital and bank stability. Journal of Financial Stability. 32:99-114. 2017
- Investor Attention and Stock Mispricing. Canadian Accounting Perspectives Accounting Perspectives. 13:123-147. 2014
- Managerial Ownership and Financial Analysts’ Information Environment. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting. 41:328-362. 2014
- Unintended consequences of the increased asset threshold for FDICIA internal controls: Evidence from U.S. private banks. Journal of Banking and Finance. 37:4879-4892. 2013
- Investor Attention and Earnings Management around the World. Canadian Accounting Perspectives Accounting Perspectives. 12:165-187. 2013
- Impact of FDICIA internal controls on bank risk taking. Journal of Banking and Finance. 37:614-624. 2013
- Ability of accounting and audit quality variables to predict bank failure during the financial crisis. Journal of Banking and Finance. 35:2811-2819. 2011
- Do Private Company Targets that Hire Big 4 Auditors Receive Higher Proceeds?*. CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNTING RESEARCH. 28:215-262. 2011
- Discretion in Bank Loan Loss Allowance, Risk Taking, and Earnings Management. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- Impact of FDICIA Internal Controls on Bank Risk Taking. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- Managerial Ownership and Financial Analysts’ Information Environment. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- Social Capital and Bank Stability. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- Unintended Consequences of the Increased Asset Threshold for FDICIA Internal Controls: Evidence from US Private Banks. SSRN Electronic Journal.